8.11.2010

US v Brazil

Not sure if people got to see the US v Brazil game but here are some of Bernardo's thoughts.

First off- I really missed watching a soccer game without those stupid vuvuzelas.

Secondly- Brazil = wow. That Brazil team would have smoked the one they brought to South Africa. That was the Brazil this World Cup was missing and I'm glad to see it back. It won't be long before Neymar is FIFA player of the Year.

I have mixed feelings about the way we approached the game. I get giving Bradley and our squad one last hurray but it was painful to watch. I couldn't tell if it was because our players didn't care or because those players will never remotely be in the same class as that Brazil squad. I thought we had all agreed that Klestjan and Bornstein never put US jerseys on again and once we have a new coach that will be the case. Hopefully we have a new set of players coming up through the ranks because it was obvious that we can go no further (if not regress) with this bulk of players.

One bright spot on the US team was backup goalkeeper Brad Guzan. He is ready to be our number 1 and I wouldn't be suprised if that were the case in Brazil 2014.

1 comment:

  1. Since I have been w/o TV for almost three weeks now, I was not able to watch this one. That said, I can't put a lot of stock into an international friendly 1 month after a world cup and 4 days before the start of a new European season. Outside of selling tickets, I don't know what the point of it was.

    From what I read, Bornstein wiped away all positive thoughts from his serviceable performance at the WC. I have no idea why Klestjan is still in the national pool. I can't stand him.

    ReplyDelete