2.24.2010

Donovan keen on Toffees return - News - FOX Sports on MSN

Donovan keen on Toffees return - News - FOX Sports on MSN

If this were one of the Spanish teams, Moyes would have claimed that Donovan was ready to sign a 5 year contract. I appreciate Moyes' comments.

I also think Donovan would be more than a little silly not to stay/come back soon. I don't care how sunny LA is, the MLS does not compare to what he's got going on at Everton.

Also, I mentioned this to Pete, but it always surprised me that nobody picked Everton. They've always been a solid team, fun to watch, have Timmy (maybe not), classy uni's, are in Liverpool, etc. This was before Donovan came to town.

2 comments:

  1. If Donovan stays in the EPL he will become a better player than if he comes back to LA but by coming back to LA lots of US players benefit from playing against an improved LD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is from Pete:

    I don't think Howard joined Everton on loan until 2006-07, I'd have to double-check that. Everton is definitely a likeable team. They are actually in Liverpool though (the Merseyside Derby!). They do have very nice and classy unis - better than the racing strips that Spurs have (bring back the all whites!)

    I hope that Landon stays through the end of the Premier League season at the very least - Everton still has a lot to play for and they are poised for a potential run in the Europa League - all of that would provided great experience.

    ReplyDelete