7.09.2010

Viewing the World Cup

Not sure where to view the World Cup this year. It seems like this should be a year to view it outside. Here in DC we have a zero chance of precipitation, although given the past month that isn't a surprising forecast.

There are two good choices, in Dupont Circle and Fairfax City. Dupont Circle has the advantage of probably attracting national press so making it to TV is a possibility. It's downside is getting there isn't necessarily half the fun. Fairfax has the advantage of being the home of one team I coached and Julie played for that team so there is a historical association. Also Auld Shebeen provided a nice place to watch Germany lose (grr...) to Spain.
So where are people going to watch the Netherlands win their first World Cup?

2 comments:

  1. The Fairfax one sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be watching as much as I can from the airport in Nashville. We'll see what happens. I'll let Julie if I will want updates or not. Have fun all!

    Btw, the Inner Harbor in Baltimore is doing an outdoor thing - that is probably where I would have watched if I was home.

    ReplyDelete