6.10.2010

American TV Coverage

It's been a long time coming. I'm sure we can all dig up e-mails where one of us was incensed by our television coverage dumbing the game down to talk to the average American (who's not watching, but instead camping, fishing or attending a baseball game). And surely, those around the World have had many a laugh at our expense.

But not anymore. ESPN's getting rid of the scores at the bottom, Martin Tyler's calling the game, and we got former Bristih, German, and Dutch footballers in the studio. Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

2 comments:

  1. I can't agree more - Martin Tyler is so easy on the ear, that goes without saying. It is a little strange that his first game is one that features his home country, but I love his commentary way too much for it to be a factor.

    I can't wait, we're less than 15 hours away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our in-studio teams are pretty good too. I'm not sure how we grabbed Roberto Martinez, current manager of Wigan, but I like it.

    ReplyDelete