6.23.2010

USA > England, Slovenia, Algeria

"Did that really just happen?" is what I said to Dad/Uncle Den/Barbara's Guardian after the hugs died down following our game winner. He assured me that it did.

After Dempsey's shot rang off the post middle of the second half, I started to prepare myself (much like Julie commented) that this just wasn't our day and we would be going home without losing a game in this World Cup.

As injury time began, I started to think that there's no way the soccer gods could let this happen to our team. There's no question we've been screwed throughout our trip to SA, and the soccer universe must find a way to correct itself.

"Donovan, go long!" it what I envision Howard saying in the 91st minute as he threw a pass Joe Montana would have been proud of. The USMNT's version of the hail mary would set the scales of soccer justice back to level.

Ghana thinks its lucky to be playing the USA instead of England in the next round, they are mistaken.

Howard
Cherundalo Gooch DeMerit Boca
Donovan Bradley Edu Dempsey
Altidore Findley

No comments:

Post a Comment