6.22.2010

US vs Slovenia (MH)

I apologize for not providing a detailed account of the US Slovenia match. I agree with basically all of your comments and just want to add (one final time) that I predicted a 3-2 US win with Landon Donovan being man of the match. Absent the most unexplainable, awful call by a referee, I was right.

Reading this great link from Tim Howard that Jules posted made me realize what I want to remember from this match. I only needed to change two words.

“The crowd was great for the Slovenia match. I’ve watched 50-something times for the (United States) and not once do I remember a whole, entire national anthem sung by the whole bar. When they played the anthem and we were singing, it was being sung back at us, and it was a pretty incredible moment.”

Goosebumps….MH

No comments:

Post a Comment